Home

_

Downs School, Wraxall

The Downs School moved from Clifton in Bristol in 1927 to quieter premises in an historic house in the grounds of the Tyntesfield Estate which explains its grand 18th century parkland landscape. It eventually bought the land in 2002.

As many of the mature trees are reaching the end of life, Novell Tullett advised on a replanting programme for the woodland and park to ensure that there would be a succession. We also set up a ‘Plant a Hope’ scheme to enable parents to sponsor a new tree to mark their child’s time at the school.

In our long relationship with the school, we designed new ornamental planting for the school arrivals area, a courtyard scheme to replace bare tarmac between junior classrooms, and an outdoor garden to complement architects Batterham Matthews’ design for a new dining room.